beautyinruins

Bob @ Beauty in Ruins

PLEASE NOTE: I'm rarely active here anymore, but please feel free to follow me on Goodreads, where I post regularly.

These are the chronicles of a book addict, a photo junkie, and an aspiring author, rewriting the very fabric of reality one page (and one snapshot) at a time. From the strange to the unusual; the abandoned to the abnormal; the haunted to the historic; the supernatural to the surreal; the forests of dark fantasy, the cemeteries of gothic horror, and the post-apocalyptic ruins of science fiction are the landscapes of my imagination.

Deathstalker Rebellion: Being the Second Part of the Life and Times of Owen Deathstalker
Simon R. Green
Progress: 298/508 pages

From the Shelf to the Page: This Week in the Ruins

Another great week with some big titles making their way through my hands:

Don't forget to enter the Hunting in Bruges giveaway with E.J. Stevens, and be sure to stop by on Monday for our interview and giveaway with Anne Rice.

αωαωαωαωαωαωαω

Stacking The Shelves and Mailbox Monday are a pair of weekly memes that are about sharing the books that came your way over the past week, and which you've added to your shelves - whether they be physical or virtual, borrowed or bought, or for pleasure or review.

While I was anxiously awaiting the delivery of Stephen King's Revival, I didn't account for the fact there was no mail on its release day (Remembrance Day). On top of that, Amazon completely dropped the ball, hadn't yet shipped it out, and showed an estimated delivery date of the 18th. So much for pre-orders. I canceled the order, ran out after dinner and bought a copy from Coles . . . and finished reading it last night (4 days before Amazon's estimated delivery date).

On the digital front, new arrivals included The Very Best of Kate Elliott, a February 2015 release from Kate Elliott that I'm looking forward to since I have 3 series of her sitting on my TBR pile, and Dead Wake: The Last Crossing of the Lusitania, a March 2015 release from Erik Larson, which promises to be an interesting fictional account of the second-most famous nautical disaster of the 20th century.

αωαωαωαωαωαωαω

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is another weekly meme, this time focused on what books are spending the most time in your hands and in your head, as opposed to what's been added to your shelf:

• The Providence of Fire by Brian Staveley
A fantastic follow-up to one of my favorite epic fantasies of the year, picking up exactly where the first book left off, and revealing more about the world and our protagonists.

Prince Lestat by Anne Rice
It's been a while since I last read Anne Rice, and I never expected to see another vampire tale but here it is. If you've yet to snag a copy, stop by on Monday for our Q&A and giveaway.

What's topping your shelves this week?

Source: http://beauty-in-ruins.blogspot.ca/2014/11/from-shelf-to-page-this-week-in-ruins_15.html