beautyinruins

Bob @ Beauty in Ruins

PLEASE NOTE: I'm rarely active here anymore, but please feel free to follow me on Goodreads, where I post regularly.

These are the chronicles of a book addict, a photo junkie, and an aspiring author, rewriting the very fabric of reality one page (and one snapshot) at a time. From the strange to the unusual; the abandoned to the abnormal; the haunted to the historic; the supernatural to the surreal; the forests of dark fantasy, the cemeteries of gothic horror, and the post-apocalyptic ruins of science fiction are the landscapes of my imagination.

Deathstalker Rebellion: Being the Second Part of the Life and Times of Owen Deathstalker
Simon R. Green
Progress: 298/508 pages

GIVEAWAY: Kushiel's Dart by Jacqueline Carey

It's hard to believe it's been 14 years since Kushiel's Dart first hit the shelves, butJacqueline Carey's mark on the genre remains as original and distinct as the marque tattooed upon Phèdre's back.

This is a book that attempted to infuse some very dark, very explicit scenes of sexuality and spiritual sadomasochism with the political machinations and mythological constructs of epic fantasy - and which did so quite successfully.

Tor Books is in the process of re-releasing the original Kushiel's Legacy trilogy in trade paperback, complete with some exquisite new covers. It's being marketed as 'Fifty Shades of Grey meets A Game of Thrones' for the re-release, which is a bit unfair since it came long before Fifty Shades and just before A Song of Ice and Firereally exploded, but hopefully it will serve to draw new readers into what is an exquisite and original world.

To help celebrate the re-release, Tor Books has kindly offered up a pair of copies of Kushiel's Dart to some lucky readers here in the Ruins (Canada & USA only).

To enter, just pop me at email at bob[dot]beautyinruins[at]gmail[dot]com and let me know how you follow the Ruins - whether it be here on the Blog, Facebook,Twitter, Goodreads, or Booklikes.

Giveaway ends Sunday at midnight, and I'll draw the lucky winners Monday morning.
Source: http://beauty-in-ruins.blogspot.ca/2015/01/giveaway-kushiels-dart-by-jacqueline.html