beautyinruins

Bob @ Beauty in Ruins

PLEASE NOTE: I'm rarely active here anymore, but please feel free to follow me on Goodreads, where I post regularly.

These are the chronicles of a book addict, a photo junkie, and an aspiring author, rewriting the very fabric of reality one page (and one snapshot) at a time. From the strange to the unusual; the abandoned to the abnormal; the haunted to the historic; the supernatural to the surreal; the forests of dark fantasy, the cemeteries of gothic horror, and the post-apocalyptic ruins of science fiction are the landscapes of my imagination.

Deathstalker Rebellion: Being the Second Part of the Life and Times of Owen Deathstalker
Simon R. Green
Progress: 298/508 pages

From the Shelf to the Page: This Week in the Ruins

A fantastic week, including my wildly popular Canada Day feature, and a look back at my favorite books of the year (so far):

αωαωαωαωαωαωαω

Stacking The Shelves and Mailbox Monday are a pair of weekly memes that are about sharing the books that came your way over the past week, and which you've added to your shelves - whether they be physical or virtual, borrowed or bought, or for pleasure or review.

My cold turkey approach to requesting any new review titles is going well. I actually did request one new title this week (a September release) but haven't been approved yet, so that doesn't count. :)

I did, however, use my Amazon credit to pick up a few books. After having friends and fellow blogers rave about the latest installment in each series, I finally gave into curiosity and snagged copies of A Natural History of Dragons by Marie Brennan,Blood and Iron by Jon Sprunk, and Three Parts Dead by Max Gladstone. Better late to the bandwagon than never!

αωαωαωαωαωαωαω

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is another weekly meme, this time focused on what books are spending the most time in your hands and in your head, as opposed to what's been added to your shelf.

Iron & Blood by Gail Z. & Larry Martin
A fun Steampunk adventure that demonstrates yet another voice for Gail, immediately distinguishing itself from her epic fantasy or urban fantasy.

Esoterrorism by C.T. Phipps
Ragnarok always puts out great stuff, and this sounds like it could be a lot of fun, so we'll see what kind of magic and monsters it has to offer.

Forge of Darkness by Steven Erikson
I was disappointed in The Crippled God, so I passed on this when it was first released, but I picked up the paperback in anticipation of Fall of Light and I'm enjoying it immensely.

What's topping your shelves this week?
Source: http://beauty-in-ruins.blogspot.ca/2015/07/from-shelf-to-page-this-week-in-ruins.html