beautyinruins

Bob @ Beauty in Ruins

PLEASE NOTE: I'm rarely active here anymore, but please feel free to follow me on Goodreads, where I post regularly.

These are the chronicles of a book addict, a photo junkie, and an aspiring author, rewriting the very fabric of reality one page (and one snapshot) at a time. From the strange to the unusual; the abandoned to the abnormal; the haunted to the historic; the supernatural to the surreal; the forests of dark fantasy, the cemeteries of gothic horror, and the post-apocalyptic ruins of science fiction are the landscapes of my imagination.

Deathstalker Rebellion: Being the Second Part of the Life and Times of Owen Deathstalker
Simon R. Green
Progress: 298/508 pages

Horror Review: The Moon in Your Eyes by Adrian W. Lilly

The Moon in Your Eyes - Adrian Lilly

Sometimes you just crave an old fashioned horror story, a literary excursion into the literary equivalent of a slasher flick or b-grade monster movie. You know the majority of characters won't make it out alive, but you're anxious to see just how each of them meets their demise.

The Moon in Your Eyes is one of those stories. Adrian W. Lilly weaves a story in which a group of strangers set out for a few days of technology-free hiking and camping. Their reasons for being there range from court order to new age nonsense, and from adventure to nostalgia.

Lilly takes a few pages to introduce the characters, and then gets right into the carnage. It's a fun, frantic, bloody story, with the monster fiercely front-and-center. There's no doubt or mystery here, just a desperate attempt at survival. What ultimately makes it stand out, however, is the entirely surprising series of twists in the final pages.

At 50 pages, The Moon in Your Eyes is perfect for a quick read in the dark of night.

Source: http://beauty-in-ruins.blogspot.ca/2016/01/horror-review-moon-in-your-eyes-by.html